What's new

Old Pocket Watch Find

KILLER Tn

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
pocket watch find.webp
I found this pocket watch with my AT Pro , and it was about 10 - 12 inches deep . I was detecting a field where a Civil War skirmish had taken place. It was made by The Crescent Watch Case Company , I think in the 1880's . I thought it may be CW era , but after a little research , I figured out it was after the war , but I was still glad to find it . It has a crescent moon and star inside the case and the numbers 48 85 .
 
Upvote 34
I have found a few ,they mak your day nice going
 
Cingrats on your pocket watch find - ATP is a fantastic machine & will detect deep - wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Nice intact one,congrats!
 
Really nice find! I've never found one intact. Thanks for sharing.
 
Should be really neat if the case protected the glass when you get it open.
 
Never find intact ones. Pretty cool find!
 
I wouldn't mind seeing the flip side of it, and the inside if you can ever get it open. Not gold or silver, but OLD is always good!
 
Crescent is the manufacturer of the case. Did you check movement to see who manufactured that. If you can get the serial number and manufacturer, I can tell you when it was made. The serial number would be on the movement plate.
 
Cool find ,post pics if you can get it open[emoji106]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom