old refrigerator

Drunk

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this old fridge the other day. It dose not have any brand name on it and I have had no luck in finding any pic's on the net that look like this one.
So I have come to you guys hoping that someone might know what they are looking at.

The fride is about 5ft6inch in hight and probly 4ft wide. The frame is all made of wood with good old thick tin over that. The electric motor has been changed out sometime in the last 30 years so that will not give any hints on what it might have been. One person looked at it and thought it might be as early as the 1930's. But I am not conviced.
IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0387 - Copy.jpg

Thanks for your time
Drunk

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking its from the late 40s early 50s. It looks like maybe a commercial product made more for a small restaurant or café. Doesn't look like one you would find in the everyday home in those days. That's just my guess and I'm not sure why it has that push to start, pull to stop function on it?

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... I'm not sure why it has that push to start, pull to stop function on it?

That looks to be on what looks to be an ice cube/freezer area of the fridge.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the date. With it being a side by side and the teal color, i'd say it dates from the late 40's to mid 50's to me. As for the brand? No idea. You can try contacting these guys- Antique Vintage Finished Refrigerators they may be able to help you out.

edit- The push/pull stop feature was so you could defrost the freezer portion I believe

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drunk

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for you info. I have just got a email tonight its a Frigidaire and it was likely built some time between 35 and 45. Will try and narow that age gap down abit but once again thanks for you kined words.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions