C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finding this rusty stuff on my new home construction site. Gonna crush and pan tonight. Anybody have any comments about the material? Small creek in the neighborhood. Used to be a major creek that ran right through here. Stuff is heavy. We have another 30 lots to excavate, with about 20 currently under construction. Hoping it holds some value...my excavator is unknowingly digging it up for me. Centennial - Sample.JPG

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Let us know after you crush and pan. Don't know about your local racks however will take a look at pictures after you crush and pan.
Thanks for the post.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old Riverbed "Concrete" Centennial, Colorado

Yes you may find gold in there. I used to prospect all over Centennial and at one point I crushed some of that and found gold:) I think that stuff is from the old castle rock conglomerate formation.

There was better gold loose in the creeks so I left that stuff for you ;)

You'll also find nice petrified wood. And GREAT gold where you find larger rounded river cobble. Worth the search!!!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard of gold being found between Castle Rock and Franktown. It would definitely be worth crushing and panning. Might be worth looking at with a 100X microscope. Sometimes the gold has a sulphurous iron coating or stain and won't look like gold. Only can seen it with a microscope!

OP
OP
C

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes you may find gold in there. I used to prospect all over Centennial and at one point I crushed some of that and found gold:) I think that stuff is from the old castle rock conglomerate formation.

There was better gold loose in the creeks so I left that stuff for you ;)

You'll also find nice petrified wood. And GREAT gold where you find larger rounded river cobble. Worth the search!!!

Hi Kevin....I'm finding petrified wood all over the place. That Castle rock tuff had a widespread over the front range. Dispersed from about 100 miles away due to the volcanics in the Mt Princeton batholith. I'll be crushing up a 3gallon bucket today. I'll be back later with the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions