Old Santa Fe garbage dump

marr708

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello gentleman,
I am a long time member of Treasure net, but I have never posted anything. I live outside Santa Fe, New Mexico on 10 acres. Years ago, I discovered that the old adobe house [next door] was owned by a rich Texas lady who ran an artists' colony there. Since she owned several hundred acres back in the 1920's there was no garbage service. So apparently they dumped all their trash into my arroyo or dry creek bed. My neighbor who is 93, helped build that house when he was a boy. The house and grounds have not changed at all. I have been down in that creek bottom and I see lots of pottery shards, metal scrap and glass. I thought I found a bullet once, but it was a lipstick tube from Neiman Marcus probably from the 1930's, ha. So, my question is, how would you all go about attacking this site? I have don't have a lot of time due to work, but I have Garrett Ace 250. I also thought about just building a frame/screen and just sifting through the mess. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you sign me up thats what! Boy howdy you have years worth of poking around to do... no reason to rush it at all

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Big shade trees,or old outhouses,or paths to,how about a swimming hole in that creek ?

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i build a screen table out of 2 pvc ,the put a small 12volt motor with a offset weight on it,works great ,just make sure you put a guard over it.good luck keep us posted brad
Resized_20211216_130359.jpeg
Resized_20211123_101326.jpeg

OP
OP
M

marr708

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Big shade trees,or old outhouses,or paths to,how about a swimming hole in that creek ?
It's basically a dry mini canyon that catches run off from the mountains. No trees, water or paths. I will shoot a picture of it to give you some perspective. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread