What's new

Old silver egh: Canadian Victoria 5 cent

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey you hosers! I always hear of them (you) Canadians finding our U.S. Coins up there egh, and all I ever find down here are your semi-modern pennies. Well here it is, an old Canadian silver from the Great White North, 1886, in New Jersey. It's about time I got something shiny from Canada besides a Labatt Beer;)

Now take off egh!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443372112.861099.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443372156.226902.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443372167.948633.webp
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443372144.053625.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443372144.053625.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Upvote 56
..:happysmiley:
 

Attachments

  • FS1.webp
    FS1.webp
    22 KB · Views: 81
Keeping in step with the general trends of this thread...nice finds Scrappy

index.webp
 
Love finding those old worn silver coins!!! They have some stories to tell if they could only talk!! AWESOME!!!!:icon_thumleft:
 
Hey that's a nice little Vicky! I've only found a few Vicky scales...and I live in Canada lol
 
Hey that's a nice little Vicky! I've only found a few Vicky scales...and I live in Canada lol

Thx J. The nickname "fishscales" is hilarious! Considering their size I'm surprised more aren't lost and ready to be found...
 
I dug one in June and is my first in years. They just don't tend to turn up where I hunt, at least for me they don't... but I could go to the park and pop one. :) Plus I'm the guy who only found 1 silver coin all of last year so I guess I have bigger problems!
 
That's Ricky and Julian's money Trevor! Good find man!
 
Well done scrappy. About time some Canadian tribute showed up in 'Merica!

Best of luck to you!
 
Nice looking Canadian silver Steve.
 
I dug one in June and is my first in years. They just don't tend to turn up where I hunt, at least for me they don't... but I could go to the park and pop one. :) Plus I'm the guy who only found 1 silver coin all of last year so I guess I have bigger problems!

I don't recall seeing too many posted on here so it felt nice to snag one. Hit any new sites lately?
 
Scrappy, you always seem to find nice stuff when you hunt.
 
I don't recall seeing too many posted on here so it felt nice to snag one. Hit any new sites lately?


I used to dig them on a fairly regular basis but no longer hunt the same type of places.

Just about to kick things off here soon.
 
nice find Scrappy, oh they are an elusive one, I've found one a 1911 and it chirped like a baby bird lol. congrats
 
Truth be known, I have found tons of your clad here and a few early 1800's coppers but never an old silver yet...Congrats to you...
 
Thx J. The nickname "fishscales" is hilarious! Considering their size I'm surprised more aren't lost and ready to be found...

Yeah, they are so small and light, when you drop one it floats to the ground like a snowflake...which would be another good name for them lol. Definitely easy to lose.
 
Yeah, they are so small and light, when you drop one it floats to the ground like a snowflake...which would be another good name for them lol. Definitely easy to lose.

Honestly the story went like this...

I pulled it out from about 6" down. 12-40 on the CTX. Saw no edge and silver and thought 1/4 or half reale. Dropped it, lost it, picked it up and wiped and cursed. On second glance I thought it was some crappy tiny foreign nickel coin. Then I saw Victoria and 1886 and was like "wooohoooo!" Lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom