Old site new finds

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I went to a site and found some Mercs and a few old french coins. When it started to rain I left. Today I decided to go back and walked the sidewalk where I found the Mercs and found 2 more. The site is now a water retaining pond with high banks. Back where I found the French coins I got an overload signal from my T2. Digging down I hit something that felt like a rag. I started digging a larger plug and out popped what looked like what was left of a felt purse in pieces. It didn't take long to see some shinny and digging the rest out got me a few more coins.

They are from different countries and way different years. The large copper coin is dated 1911. The others are newer but still old. I guess someone had these as a collection and lost it along the way. I was only there for around 45 minutes when the rain came again. We are supposed to be in our dry season but I guess someone forgot to tell the weatherman.

Found today:

Coins  102619.jpg

Coins2 102619.jpg

Found the first time:

Attachments

• Coins found1 10222019.jpg
    Coins found1 10222019.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Coins found 2 10222019.jpg
    Coins found 2 10222019.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and very cool that you found them in an old purse! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Billieg

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and very cool that you found them in an old purse! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I believe the first coins I found were also in the purse but fell out. I found the purse a few ft away from where I found the coins. The most confusing thing to me is this is a site that was the center of a town built in the 1780's. I should have found some old American coins too. I'm going back when it quits raining and search a couple of empty lots near by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions