Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of buyers on the web and you dont have to hassel with shipping/freebay. They sent me a box and shipping label. Selling price depends on type and gig. The last one i sold was in the water and D E A D. I got $125 for it.... my buddy got $200 for his with more gig. I dont know if one working would be returned to the owner.... but there is a lot of information that could be gained from them by someone less than honest. So if you find one at least try to pull the card.

Dew

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I always destroy my old phones as I don't need anyone getting my personal info...Just not worth it.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good question I found a Galaxy 3 this weekend and it is in rice now! I looked it up and found a gambit of answers. Gazelle offered $0.

Anyone got a place for water damage phones?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting fct I just learned from a local fishing forum here on Lake Champlain, there is a program that I believe was said to be from Navonics, that can be downloaded onto a Iphone will make int a GPS unit with the navigation maps. People , from what I understand, here are converting these found phones and giving or selling them to fisherman.....once you have the initial program, the subsequaint downloads are free.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sprint store gave me 45.00 store credit for an I-Phone with a cracked screen, would not power up and from the bottom of the lake. I would think to close a lost or stolen phone case woud be worth that.

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of buyers on the web and you dont have to hassel with shipping/freebay. They sent me a box and shipping label. Selling price depends on type and gig. The last one i sold was in the water and D E A D. I got $125 for it.... my buddy got $200 for his with more gig. I dont know if one working would be returned to the owner.... but there is a lot of information that could be gained from them by someone less than honest. So if you find one at least try to pull the card.

Dew

Do you guys remove the SIM card before sending Iphones in? The Iphone 4s I just found is apparently worth $140 according to Usell but I don't want to compromise someones personal information by leaving the card in just in case they can still access the personal info from the card.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless you personally melt the phone down into a glob of goo, the data, along with account numbers and passwords, can still be recovered by people in the know.

These types of programs are widely available for all the phones out there.

With the ER245 SmartPhone Recovery Pro for Android you can recover deleted messages from your Android handset. You can also recover deleted photos/videos, documents and notes from your Android SD card.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread