What's new

Old smartphones worth $$?

reg11756

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites SURF PI; MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thot I remembered seeing a post here about old iphones/smartphones being sellable even if dead. Any hot tips on how to turn them into cash??
 
Upvote 0
What Dave said.
 
There are a lot of buyers on the web and you dont have to hassel with shipping/freebay. They sent me a box and shipping label. Selling price depends on type and gig. The last one i sold was in the water and D E A D. I got $125 for it.... my buddy got $200 for his with more gig. I dont know if one working would be returned to the owner.... but there is a lot of information that could be gained from them by someone less than honest. So if you find one at least try to pull the card.

Dew
 
I always destroy my old phones as I don't need anyone getting my personal info...Just not worth it.
 
Good question I found a Galaxy 3 this weekend and it is in rice now! I looked it up and found a gambit of answers. Gazelle offered $0.

Anyone got a place for water damage phones?
 
Interesting fct I just learned from a local fishing forum here on Lake Champlain, there is a program that I believe was said to be from Navonics, that can be downloaded onto a Iphone will make int a GPS unit with the navigation maps. People , from what I understand, here are converting these found phones and giving or selling them to fisherman.....once you have the initial program, the subsequaint downloads are free.
 
A sprint store gave me 45.00 store credit for an I-Phone with a cracked screen, would not power up and from the bottom of the lake. I would think to close a lost or stolen phone case woud be worth that.
 
There are a lot of buyers on the web and you dont have to hassel with shipping/freebay. They sent me a box and shipping label. Selling price depends on type and gig. The last one i sold was in the water and D E A D. I got $125 for it.... my buddy got $200 for his with more gig. I dont know if one working would be returned to the owner.... but there is a lot of information that could be gained from them by someone less than honest. So if you find one at least try to pull the card.

Dew

Do you guys remove the SIM card before sending Iphones in? The Iphone 4s I just found is apparently worth $140 according to Usell but I don't want to compromise someones personal information by leaving the card in just in case they can still access the personal info from the card.
 
take the gold out of them
 
Unless you personally melt the phone down into a glob of goo, the data, along with account numbers and passwords, can still be recovered by people in the know.

These types of programs are widely available for all the phones out there.

With the ER245 SmartPhone Recovery Pro for Android you can recover deleted messages from your Android handset. You can also recover deleted photos/videos, documents and notes from your Android SD card.




 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom