What's new

old spanish item?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this about 10 inches deep by a natural spring in a wooded area. Could it be a spanish button? Measures 1 1/2 inches and is possibly brass, or bronze. The reverse is completely caked with hardened clay. Does look like it has an eyelet. The front has what looks like a cross. If it is spanish it has been buried for possibly 300 years. What do you think?

Rick
 

Attachments

  • 100_0451.webp
    100_0451.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 514
  • 100_0449.webp
    100_0449.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 506
Looks like a harness mount piece and certainly suggests Spanish with that short cross! Is it lead filled? HH, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Mike, i tis rather heavy. I was surprised at this when I first held it. However I don't know if the weight is from lead on the back or just hard packed dirt. It does not seem to want to come off, so it could be lead??

Rick
 
Upvote 0
Cool find Rick!!!!!!!!!, and you say I find all the neat stuff :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
thats the stuff i want to find :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
Looks spanish to me any history on the sight
TC, I know it was a very active Indian site, as I have found alot of Indian artifacts there...also musket balls, but haven't done any research on it.

Rick
 
Upvote 0
Cool find! I think that you've got a bridle rosette there since it's got the lead backing on it.


DG
 
Upvote 0
OK, I just got a positive ID on this. An antique horse tack collector and historian has verified that is definitely is a bridle rosette from a Conquistador's horse circa late 1600's to 1700's. This one is solved.
 
Upvote 0
Conquistador's horse circa late 1600's to 1700's. This one is solved.


WOW,, That's old Nice find Rick


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom