Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
That is a sweet find...you should detect that ferry landing!

Romeo....I have hit the place hard, and use it as a fallback place to hit. There was an old steamboat landing there and there are also 3 old foundations there as well. It is an overgrown field now, along with sumac and bittersweet, so am limited on when you can detect there other than the old dirt roads going into the place. I have found large cents there and IH's plus an old steamboat company brass button...but no old silver thus far. It is also prime hunting there, especially ducks along the shore, so there is a major overabundance of 22 shells and shotgun shells.

Upvote 0

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
A friend found this a few years back at the site of an old steamboat landing, it is silver and dated 1745..anyone know what it is?

Tell me the letters to the left and right of the shield side.......I can't make them out on your photo.
Looks like R on the left over a crowned M? is that what you see?
AJ to the right w/ 1 over it...I think maybe AJ. (assayer -Antonio Cardena and Jose Tramullas y Feerer )

1 reales Madrid Spain...

Nice find........

Trez

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trez said:
Mainedigger said:
A friend found this a few years back at the site of an old steamboat landing, it is silver and dated 1745..anyone know what it is?

Tell me the letters to the left and right of the shield side.......I can't make them out on your photo.
Looks like R on the left over a crowned M? is that what you see?
AJ to the right w/ 1 over it...I think maybe AJ. (assayer -Antonio Cardena and Jose Tramullas y Feerer )

1 reales Madrid Spain...

Nice find........

Trez

Trez...those are exactly what the letters are and thanks for the info, much appreciated..:) It is a very nice find...am jealous that it wasn't me that found it but am thrilled for my friend who did find it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread