Old token and belt buckle

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Was a very warm and sunny day for January in Cleveland, Ohio. I left work a little early and waited for Nate to come home from school. As soon as he got home we headed out to my mom?s. We spent about an hour and found a few neat things.

The ?Big Rewards #? token dates prior to 1917. 1917 was when the Cleveland Leader(a newspaper) ceased to exist ? merged with the Plain Dealer.

The Buckle reads ?Pat, Dec16, 1879? as I read it. Most likely the patent date. Not sure the actual date it was made.

Bob

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great,sound's like you had a good time ....Congrat's and HH!!(do you think you still can collect on the fifty if you're the lucky winner)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds. I like the buckle and token. I would say that buckle dates to that era. I have found those same type not pat dated but I know they are old. Because coins around them dated to that era also. The token looks cool. Like a drawing or something like that. You may have a lucky winner type of token.

HH Jer

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, awesome token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread