What's new

✅ SOLVED Old tool ~ Monkey wrench?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this tool at an old homesite where the garage once was. Any ideas as to exactly what it is and how old? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2250.webp
    DSCN2250.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 599
It's a twisted handle adjustable wrench. The original was patented in 1883. I know ACME manufactured them in sizes ranging from 4" to 21" but not sure how long the production run was. There are a bunch for sale on Ebay.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
What about Hex nuts...won't work on them?

Grew up with same type of wrenches and used them for square and hex head nuts and bolts, and valve risers...

Had many other uses around the farm...bending or straightening rods, blades and the like.

When the need arose and there were no hammers at hand, guess what I used....yep, the old monkey wrench...
 
Upvote 0
thanks guys! I was just kidding with the hex nut question...how do you mark this thing SOLVED anyways?
 
Upvote 0
I know a lot about tools, but Ill be damd if I have ever seen one of these.
Does any one have another example of this?
Was there a wood handle covering the handle twist?
Brady
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom