What's new

Old Whistle ??

EdistoDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
I found this yesterday. I'm thinking it may be a whistle. ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help:
Hope all are enjoying the wonderful weather. It' about 80 deg in the Carolinas.
Thanks for looking.
EdistoDigger
 

Attachments

  • P1040754.webp
    P1040754.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 339
  • P1040757.webp
    P1040757.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 336
  • P1040760.webp
    P1040760.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 335
  • P1040763.webp
    P1040763.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 327
  • P1040780.webp
    P1040780.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 322
squrriel whisle or dog recall whistle ?
 
Upvote 0
yeap early pewter whistle
 
Upvote 0
ah i see the whistle hole now -- very cool * and old item
 
Upvote 0
Thanks to all who looked. I found this item about 200' from the old Charleston to Ninety-Six Fort route. Even today the old road is called Ninety-Six Indian Trail for it began as a path from the upcountry to the coast. I don't think the whistle is that old but always hoping to find something British on the site. Thanks for all the great pictures.
EdistoDigger :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
EdistoDigger said:
Thanks to all who looked. I found this item about 200' from the old Charleston to Ninety-Six Fort route. Even today the old road is called Ninety-Six Indian Trail for it began as a path from the upcountry to the coast. I don't think the whistle is that old but always hoping to find something British on the site. Thanks for all the great pictures.
EdistoDigger :icon_thumright:

Your whistle should date to at least the first half of the 19th c.

Cheers,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom