Old Whites MD....more info coming soon

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Hello to all who read this post! I happened to stumble across this site about a month ago and really enjoy everyone's stories of success. I used to MD as kid and am now getting geared up to really get into it this spring....I have to wait until it warms up since I'm in North Dakota!! Anyway, I called back to where I grew up as I remember my grandfather had a few metal detectors. My mom said he had a White's and remembers using it around 30 years ago. I've asked her to get the model number so I can do some research on it. Once I find out I'll repost with the info and if anyone has any experience or good info on it I'd sure love to hear what you have to say! Hopefully I'll get the info in the next day or two. Also, would it be a good starter machine or should I go out and buy something updated?!

JW

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi and welcome!
My detector was made in 1985 and works well enough. When finances allow, I intend to move up to a much newer model.
The new models offer advantages over the old ones, such as:
1. much lighter units allow you to search longer with less fatigue
2. newer electronics designs and shielding result in cleaner signals with less interference
3. different operating frequencies result in deeper ground penetration and target identification

Anything produced prior to the series 3 machines is, IMHO probably not worth fooling with.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
discovery_bound

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Re: Old Whites MD....more info coming soon..*****Update!

Ok, so I heard back on the whites detector and it's a GoldMaster TR-2D - Deep Detector Doublet. Weighs around 4-5 lbs and was purchased approximately in the late 70's. Anybody heard of these or have used one? Just wondering if it's any good for the area(s) I'll be searching which will be North Dakota and NE Montana. Any help is always appreciated, thanks.

JW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread