What's new

Older Jet

bergie

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,280
Golden Thread
0
This one pretty heavy....any ID? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • jet.webp
    jet.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 12
Looks like an F-4 Phantom. Put into service in 1961. It might say Tootsitoy on the inside?
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Scuba detector. While I left the jet with the homeowner, based on your info I found this exact match 1970s West-German-F-4-Phantom-1055 and online photo looks exact with gold/yellow paint missing on both examples it appears silver.
 
Nice little jet - F4 Phantom was American made & used in the Vietnam war wich took out a large number of Soviet migs anyway thanks for sharing and wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
I'm with Scuba. It was probably a Tootsie toy. I have a few that look like yours.
 
I don't think it's a tootsie.
The Phantom had many distinctions.
It was flown by the US Air Force, US Navy, and USMC and could fly at twice the speed of sound. It entered the role as a Combat Aircraft in 1960 and was retired from that role in 1996.
I remember these aircraft. The Navy had them on all of their attack aircraft carriers. When I think of them being made ready for launch, I seem to remember the smell of JP5.
Nice find. Congrats.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on digging the toy jet. If I remember right the only bad thing about the F4 when it came out is it did not have any guns so it could not dog fight. It was armed with air to air missiles for defense.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom