What's new

OMG!.... is this a Civil War button?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,946
Reaction score
19,958
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Irma uprooted a massive tree here in Downtown Ft. Myers.... the past month I’ve wondered if it would be worth it to poke around, boy am I happy I did!:headbang:

6169101B-76C6-44FA-A007-1A6A55C4DE74.webpB68869C2-FFE3-47B8-BA1A-CBA8D120B7AA.webp

The “A” on the eagles breast I assume means artillery, and the shank is intact, with Scoville Waterbury clear as day....
But look at that eagle!.... looks old, like what you up north guys find. I’ve never found a button like this.
If this is Civil swag, it goes down as my most significant find ever.

There was Federal occupation here in Ft. Myers, and a skirmish between soldiers and Indians, all of whom were drunk, or so I’ve read.

So tell me button experts, am I the man?

Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 62
I'm tickled green with envy - congrats!!
 
veryyyy nice button my friend! congrats
 
Super button Dave, happy for you. I have a book called Floridas Peace River Frontier by Canter Brown that has a lot of juicy stuff from Ft Meyers history in it . Good reading book. Many don't know that the war included much activity here in good old Florida.
 
Great shape, Congrats Dave! :icon_thumright:
 
BWD - Congrats on getting one of your best finds yet. I hope more are in your future.
 
Wow Dave!! That's bad a$$. I've never seen anything like that this far south. Found some great buttons in n.c. But that is special coming from Florida. You da man for sure !! Keep it up !! There may be a concentration of artifacts in a small area so double check the area. Congrats I'm so stoked for you. If any one deserves a great hurricane Irma find its you. Awsome man. !!
 
You know what I always say Dave. "Ride the wave Dave, ride the wave of luck".
 
Congratulations BigWaveDave! Only using your pinpointer is really working for it. Hope you find more treasures stirred up by Irma!
 
DAMN NICE BUTTON.....
 
Way to go man! Artillery :)
 
You gotta be beyond proud of that find. Wow, wow, wow.
 
That is one sweet button that is more exciting than many coins! Congratulations on a great piece of history you are holding.
 
Dave, how amazing! And beautiful condition. Love the patina. Congrats! -Lisa & John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom