On my beach hunt today I found something I never expected...................

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself in an accident on the way to Daytona Beach. :o

I was sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green, lady runs into the back of my van...She says she turned around for a second to yell at her kids who were fighting in the back seat (girl and boy ages 5 and 8 )..

Good news no one hurt, kids or adults, bad news - her Volvo SUV was towed due to radiator leaking and my van's rear door is damaged, want open, the bumper is ruined, and even worse.......I missed low tide....... :)

Upvote 0

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Important thing no one was hurt. That's all that matters. Cars get fixed, and the tide goes out again.

Let me know is you need a ride next time,

Tek

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that happened T-Hunter. I know how kids can distract drivers. Worked many wrecks that were caused by the same. My own 8 and 11 seem to manage to do their share of distracting also. People don't realize that at just 40 MPH, a vehicle is traveling at just over 58 feet or almost 20 yards per second. Turn around or get distracted for two seconds and you close a lot of distance on a stationary object quickly. Inattention is one of the biggest single causes of traffic accidents.

Glad you didn't get hurt.

Jim

G

gamiller

Sorry to hear this. The upside is that no one was injured. Greg

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Buy A DVD player for the kids ,,keeps them occupied ,,, So you can concentrate on the your driving..... Thats what I do for my little guy ,,, bob the builder .. best baby sitter in the world LOL... Guzz1

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
My old man used to tie up me and my brother and sister and put us in the rumble seat.
That can't be done today.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks. I'm glad to hear nobody was hurt.

J-Moe

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Excal 800 -BHID
T-Hunter hope you have better luck than me got hit in the side one month ago today apr 4 still have'nt gotten ins check driving around with red paint and dents. They told me the're sending check for 90% of damage . I was leaving a beach at Ft Myers and to make it worse I didn't find anything but a few coins and poptops, just another day in paradise Good luck J-Moe :icon_sunny:

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Hey, at least it was a Volvo SUV and not a `84 Grand Marquise full of illegal aliens with no insurance.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy to hear everyone is alright.

When you file your insurance claim be sure to list your 'lost wages', you know, all the gold and silver you would have found should the accident not have happened, which prevented you from getting to the beach at low tide as planned...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Awwwww mannnnnn that sucks! I hate when people say those words but they seem to fit here. Like you say at least no one got hurt and it could have been worse but to miss low tide.... that sucks.

Montauk3 - my sister and I used to have to ride in the rumble seat! NOW I know WHY! Heh heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread