On The Rows Again- Double Spanish Silver & 1820s Militia Button!!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
On The Rows Again- Double Spanish Silver & 1820s Militia Button!!!

We had a couple beers to celebrate a great hunt today and made a little soundtrack to go with our post. Enjoy. This is the first cut. :laughing9:

We went out bright and early for the cane rows today. After huntin for a new site for most of the day, the evening found us back in the Field of Dreams. Tornado watches did not deter.

Within 10 minutes of stepping into the field, Buckleboy shouted "I got a GREAT button!"

1.JPG

This is an 1820s Pewter Militia U.S. in great shape, but the plow monster took a bite out of this militia cookie. :P

Then I went in another direction and Buckle stayed in the same spot and yelled that he had a silver in no time. A really worn One Real (the first One Real to come from the Field of Dreams, but this is Spanish Silver #8 from the field :headbang:)

2.JPG

3.JPG

I dug a shoe buckle piece and picked up some great colonial pipe stems and then all of a sudden evened up the score with a really nice 1808 half real. The detail was so good that we could see the date right out of the ground. Notice the Best detector in the world in the background. :headbang:

4.JPG

Then it got dark and the fun was over for this time. New post tomorrow. :wink:

Here's our finds.

My pipe stems, shoe buckle, and 1808 Spanish:

5.JPG

Buckleboy's finds--Buttons, pipe stems, musketball, U.S. Militia button, and dateless One Real (Carolus ???)

6.JPG

Front and back of the one real:

8.JPG

8b.JPG

Pewter U.S. Militia Button dug by Buckleboy:

9.JPG

And My KILLER 1808 Half Real:

10.JPG

11.JPG

Please reply and tell us what great singers we are. :tongue3:

Shanegalang

Upvote 0
Re: On The Rows Again- Double Spanish Silver & 1820s Militia Button!!!

Oh Boy! You and BuckleBoy have the same writing style. :wink: ;D It almost sounds like Buck is telling the story. :wink: ;D The Cane Field Bandits did it again. You guys are rocking the LA fields. I can smell some cut silver on the next hunt. I also know that a sick, large Spanish button is going to be found before the year ends. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

:headbang:

Nice hunt - nice finds :icon_thumright:

Funny :laughing7:

Great button & silver, your collection is growing in quality :headbang:

Nice dig's you two,1808 IS killer :icon_thumright:

Shane, the "bank" field continues to produce. I like to get calls from you & BB when you are hunting as I know one of the Canefield Bandits has made a great find.
I also like what you said yesterday about selling the 8 Spanish silvers from that field and buying me a plane ticket to fly down there and hunt-LOL. WTG and keep at it. Only a short window remains before the skeeters and snakes become very active so make the best of it.
As to "great swingers", I think a few more beers would help you and BB qualify as such in a Cajun Honky Tonk-LOL. "AEIEEE" & HH, Q.

Congrats on the great Silver and button Finds! ;D

lol..great song but better finds :laughing7: I truly look forward to seeing new posts from you two knowing you found more Spanish silver. Congrats :notworthy:

awsome finds :icon_thumright:

Awesome! Question,are you two going on tour and will spanish silver be thrown out among the crowd? I will buy a ticket. ;D

Kirk PA said:
Oh Boy! You and BuckleBoy have the same writing style. :wink: ;D It almost sounds like Buck is telling the story. :wink: ;D The Cane Field Bandits did it again. You guys are rocking the LA fields. I can smell some cut silver on the next hunt. I also know that a sick, large Spanish button is going to be found before the year ends. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

Heya Kirk, I think you're on to something there. :wink: Ol' Shane was 3 sheets in the wind after the recording of the song, so I had to take the helm to get the post up. :laughing9:

That's a lot of Spanish for us in five weeks. :thumbsup:

My One Real isn't much to look at, but I'm really happy with the early militia button. :thumbsup:

-Buck

You guys are the stuff. :headbang:

I have to tell ya, you and Buck have ignited my passion to start viewing Tnet again! You two are digging killer coinage and buttons in fertile LA farm land!

Kirk and I loved the song! :laughing9:

Nice finds!!
:icon_thumright:

Joe

u fellars are doin quite well! Nice goin!!!!!

Kyle PA said:
I have to tell ya, you and Buck have ignited my passion to start viewing Tnet again! You two are digging killer coinage and buttons in fertile LA farm land!

Kirk and I loved the song! :laughing9:

I am happy to hear that, and I'm sure that K and C are stoked about your renewed passion! :thumbsup: Good luck on your hunt tomorrow. :headbang:

Congratulations! Super nice silver and button.

:D I think I love the video as much as the finds! :D WTG you all! Amazing stuff there! :icon_pirat:

Nana :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back