What's new

One box of heartbreak

sweetmimzim3

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Webster Co. Missouri
Here is one box I put together of items I've found in my area Webster county Missouri that broke my heart
20170306_091922.webp
 
Upvote 0
You say heartbreak, I see motivation.
 
The operative word here is "break".
 
Those are more than heartbreaks I see reworked stuff in there..some preforms and possibly a couple small adzes...mjm
 
Still good to find anything these days!
 
Don’t feel too bad… I have to frame my brokes because I find so few whole pieces.
 
Nice materials .... I'm sure you've already went thru and tried to match up any with old finds .....I haven't been that lucky yet but I keep them all anyways
 
Nice materials .... I'm sure you've already went thru and tried to match up any with old finds .....I haven't been that lucky yet but I keep them all anyways

Yes I do check them. I've never matched any yet. I do plan on making some brokes frames with some of these.
 
I just put a bunch of brokes in a jar.. I have a bunch more that would probably fill the jar but I don't want to mix artifacts from different sites. Are all of those the same site?
 
I just put a bunch of brokes in a jar.. I have a bunch more that would probably fill the jar but I don't want to mix artifacts from different sites. Are all of those the same site?

Same area, different sites. These are my newbie finds and I didn't think to separate and label them.
 
I put brokes in my frames if they are good ones. I find about 30 broken ones for every good one
 
Me too filmiracl! :)
 
Same area, different sites. These are my newbie finds and I didn't think to separate and label them.

Ha! Funny, because the ones I have in my jar are my newbie finds also! At the beginning, I didn't really think about separating sites or labeling either..
 
I've got my share of heart breakers as well. I'm sure we all do. I think the best thing to do with them, is to arrange them as nice as you can, and frame them up all the same. That's what I'm going to do with mine some day. They still look pretty impressive all laid out like that, IMHO. You might not be able to impress some of the more hard core hunters on this site, but to the average guy, myself included, still very, very cool. It makes it all the more sweet when you pick one up that's fully intact. Nice hunting!
 
I've got my share of heart breakers as well. I'm sure we all do. I think the best thing to do with them, is to arrange them as nice as you can, and frame them up all the same. That's what I'm going to do with mine some day. They still look pretty impressive all laid out like that, IMHO. You might not be able to impress some of the more hard core hunters on this site, but to the average guy, myself included, still very, very cool. It makes it all the more sweet when you pick one up that's fully intact. Nice hunting!

Well said, and thank you. I get excited no matter if they are broken or whole. I just think they are all worth treasuring in one way or other. The craftsmanship just simply amazes me!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom