What's new

One day with metal detector

Obelix

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Small beginner report 0_019_800.webp0_022_800.webp0_024_800.webp0_026_800.webp0_030_800.webp0_031_800.webp0_035_800.webp0_037_800.webp0_052_800.webp
 
Upvote 51
Won't be long before you find a previously unknown cache' of silver and gold at this rate! :notworthy:
 
WOW!!!! Go slow and DIG EVERYTHING!!! You have a GREAT looking site there!!!! Can't wait to see what ya'll find next!!!!:occasion14:
 
Boar on an avatar a pet it tamed
 
Thanks to all ! We continue! Location Search Kiev region a place where once lived the Vikings 9-10 century ers. Today it is destroyed by farmer equipment.(Google translation to English translator)IMAG0289_800.webpIMG_4815_800.webpIMG_4814_800.webpIMG_4819_800.webpIMG_20141018_094001_500.webpIMG_20141018_094038_500.webpIMG_20141018_094038_500.webpIMG_20141018_144837_500.webpIMG_20141018_172655_500.webpIMG_1358_500.webpIMG_4814_800.webpIMG_4819_800.webpIMG_1360_800.webpIMG_1362_800.webp
 
Totally an amazing assortment of digs there.Your time was well spent,I would love to find a spot like yours.
 
Like the others said go back there's prolly a lot more left!
 
We have a lot of places! Come for a visit !
 
Wow .... what an incredible start
 
I dig long 8 years
 
HELLO GUYS, HAVE U EVER SEEN A COIN LIKE THIS?

img761.webp
 
Since you're new at this, you probably wouldn't know, maybe this is something CRUSADER could help with; Do you have a date range for those little bells? I found one once, you could see where it was hit with the hammer to form it. It was made out of a metal that formed a beautiful greyish patina, like tombac. It still rings actually! A nice high tone. I've always thought it could have been 17th c., but I have had no confirmation.

Can't see any little bells, but maybe you mean the Tudor Buttons? 16th-17th C.
 
Maybe you know this, but although you say its Viking period site, most of the finds are either pre-Viking or post-Viking. So it was used from 1st C AD - 17th C (at least).
 
PS. Your area is definately a place I would Holiday...lol:headbang: (assuming its legal, I have no clue) I await the invite.:thumbsup:
 
Maybe you know this, but although you say its Viking period site, most of the finds are either pre-Viking or post-Viking. So it was used from 1st C AD - 17th C (at least).

Found 9-12th centuries AD. Come look for a lot of places!
 
Maybe you know this, but although you say its Viking period site, most of the finds are either pre-Viking or post-Viking. So it was used from 1st C AD - 17th C (at least).

I do not have Site All For Sale!
 
Found 9-12th centuries AD. Come look for a lot of places!


I'm confused, I watched the video & see no 9-12th C AD Finds?

I'm not saying this post has none, just that most are not & that your area spans many periods.

Could you just post the Viking era finds in 1 picture? Thanks
 
I do not have Site All For Sale!

I think your saying you sold them all. In which case my last question for a picture is not possible.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom