What's new

One day with metal detector

Obelix

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Small beginner report 0_019_800.webp0_022_800.webp0_024_800.webp0_026_800.webp0_030_800.webp0_031_800.webp0_035_800.webp0_037_800.webp0_052_800.webp
 
Upvote 51
Nice group of relics! I hope to see more.

Steve
 
Um... one word... congrats.
You are off to a stellar start.

Only advice I will give is... GO BACK TO THAT FIELD !
And work it for as long as you physically and mentally can.

That field is ripe for the picking.

Some guys detect for months and months... some years... and don't have a day that good.
 
Wow nice finds, welcome to Tnet...
 
Thanks! All the findsIMG_6563.webpIMG_6564.webpIMG_6565.webpIMG_6566.webp
 
What a group of finds! What country are you in, and did you have a history of the site?
 
Since you're new at this, you probably wouldn't know, maybe this is something CRUSADER could help with; Do you have a date range for those little bells? I found one once, you could see where it was hit with the hammer to form it. It was made out of a metal that formed a beautiful greyish patina, like tombac. It still rings actually! A nice high tone. I've always thought it could have been 17th c., but I have had no confirmation.
 
What a group of finds! What country are you in, and did you have a history of the site?

9-13-century Viking settlement .
Country Ukraine, Central Europe
 
Wow, Double Wow. What a way to start a hobby. Hooked for life from getting these finds. Big CONGRATULATIONS!
 
Wow , I really like the cross pendants and the bead like things - I would like to know more about the age of them , and where are you
hunting ( I don't know my flags that well ) You had a great day out !
 
Very cool! I like the axe head!
 
VERY nice stuff!
thanks for posting - I appreciate detectorists all across the globe,
showing what they find!
Welcome to TNet!
 
Great finds, thanks for sharing!
 
Nice Work ! Awesome relics Save those Iron Tools before they start falling apart.:thumbsup:
 
Obelix hi, Welcome.

Love those old crosses, very cool.
You certainly dug a lot of targets, telling me there is a lot of targets left, maybe some real treasure.

One question is the wild boar in your avitar a real pic. ? That is very cool too. Not that I have any experience with them I "hear" they are very aggressive / dangerous animals for thier size.
 
I hope you realize that those finds are more than most of us find in years of searching. Hope to see more and congratulations.
 
HEY NEW MEMBER WHAT A HELLUVA BUNCH OF FINDS FROM 1700S . SWEET LOOKING CROSS PENDANTS .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom