One Down 59 to Go.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure was great getting out yesterday and swinging the coil. 8-) The first two sites I went to were still frozen. :BangHead: I ended up going back to the park where I dug the IHP (couple weeks ago) in Lorain. The low lying areas were still frozen, but it's a big park. I did find plenty of areas where the soil had thawed. The park was founded around 1906 so there is opportunity for turn of the century coins. I ended up digging $2.31, mostly clad. I dug my 1st silver of 2016, a 1941 quarter. :occasion14: One down, 59 to go. :headbang: I also pulled 2 wheats, a 1913 that cleaned up nicely which filled a slot in my coin folder :thumbsup: and a 1941.

I ended up going to another small little park in a neighborhood. No swings or anything, just a triangular swath of land with 2 rows of trees, surrounded by 3 streests. I pulled $1.22. The coolest find was the Girl Scout pin. :hello2:

Going back out today, probably going to hunt abandoned homes that are scheduled for demolition.

Notable Finds

21060130 notables.jpg

All Finds

20160130_174616.jpg

As always. I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24
Wow, that penny is in great shape! Congrats on the silver quarter too. Its a real treat to get out and go detecting in the dead of winter. Its going to to be up around 50 degrees today in Mass, and I hope to get out and do some digging a little later this afternoon. HH

Way to go Loco,
Congrats on your first silver of 2016.
I think I'm going out to try to find some grass that isn't covered with snow. lol

Sounds like a fine day to me. I probably could get out today, even with all the snow. But, somehow, I just don't have the "itch" bad enough to have to scratch, yet! (Probably has something to do with finding that diamond ring. Kind of a big placemarker, ya know? ;)

Congrats!

Loco, you did well in finding unfrozen ground,and the results were very rewarding.

Nice job Loco! Congrats on filling a coin slot and the Girl Scout Pin should be a nice addition to your collection.:thumbsup:

Very happy for you Loco :)

Good stuff Loco congratulations on first silver of the year... Good luck

Way to go, Loco! It's supposed to be in the 50s here all week and I just found a new spot that looks like it gets full sun. Should be decently thawed for me to get out. Hopefully I have some luck like you did. Quarters are tough finds, IMO. Congrats and happy hunting!

Congrats on first silver for the year. I know nail your goal. Great hunt. Thanks for posting[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Nice quarter good stuff. I also went out today see my post Im not far from you the ground here is half frozen sat I broke my shovel after hiking to my spot rrrrrrrr not happy I also went to arboretum has been around about the same or a little longer than the park you talked about, I have a pic of all the clad Good news we arealmost done wyh winter I hope

Nice to get the 2016 ball rolling, especially with a larger silver. I'm jealous that you can hunt right now!

WTG Loco.
A lot of coins. I like the cross very much. What is the temperature up there? Did you have a hard time digging?
Some more pics please

Nice hunt loco.Congrats on the silver and wheat you needed,good shape!Man I can't wait to get back out.-HH

Nice digs ! Big silver !! Sweet !

Awesome loco! Large silver and a wheat and a GS pin! WTG!!!
Yep temps are in the 50's! Glad you made it out. I wanted to but life got in the way! Maybe another day. :thumbup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back