One HELL of a gift!!!

coalfire

Dec 16, 2006
East Coast
Well I was at a Motorcycle Club Charity Crab Feast this weekend. A guy who is also a "Hang-around" like me, knew I collected and had a passion for this hobby. Well, he had a whole arrowhead he found a while back locally and then made a necklace. But since we are both "Hang-arounds" he gave it to me because he dosen't collect them and I would Care for it and include it in my collection. Below you will see a photo. I am keeping it for a necklace as it is the best point from WV I have seen. Now, when I did a bit of research and discovered it's age and date I made sure he wanted to gift it to me! (He did!!!)According to Gary Fogelman of PA in his book, "Projectile Point Typology For Pennsylvania (1988). It is a Early Archic "Kline" of the most increadable stone of brown and whittish/blue stripes. It is two inches long, 1 and 1 quarter inches wide and a quarter inch thick and PERFECT! AND about 8000 to 10,000 years old. It is from Capon Bridge area of West Virginia. I can honestly say I have a great necklace for life since I refuse to buy and/ or sell ANY of my finds. Talk about a new friend! Hope you like it , and I will try to get a better photo of it in the coming days!
Respects,
~Z~

Attachments

• Crabfeast2007 086.jpg
    Crabfeast2007 086.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used