One hole wonder/ Deer/ Lightning

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello SE Michigan here.

Went out to the park knowing it would rain, but thought I could get in a little detecting first. Sure enough it started sprinkling the moment I arrived at the site. Don't mind a little rain, I carry a large zip lock bag that fits nicely over my electronics. I dug only one hole and it was cool, a 1957 Rosie, it was iffy and deep, at least for me and my bounty hunter lonestar. I dug a plug about 3 inches wider than usual but it wasn't necessary cause it was right there,6" to 7" inches deep, and was retrieved rather quickly and easily. The rain started to come down a little harder so I took shelter under a large awning at the swimming pool. Looking about I saw 4 deer about 250 yards away grazing, I'm sure they saw me first. On my way home just as I was exiting the park a nice size buck with a bit of a rack leaped across the road right in front of me. But before I left, I was hoping to out wait the rain, the lightning started getting rather wicked and about two hundred feet from me it struck, at a height of about 15 feet I spied an orange ball of lightning. I might not be as stupid as I look(and I look pretty stupid) but I'm glad I was smart enough to get out of the rain/ and lightning.

Good luck,
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back