One hour in my yard this evening

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
012.JPG 011.JPG After a day out with the wife and mom returned home and decided to putz around a little with my metal detector in my yard (which I have been over many times before). Found the following 3 items. You can actually see 3 green stones (emeralds?) in the old broach. Believe the small round object is an old small furniture knob?

Last edited:
Upvote 3

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally do not think any of that stuff is too old, The green stones could just be plastic even, since so many have fallen out, which is usually a bad sign. Worth checking out. Cool finds though.

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My home (and yard) date back to colonial times. Have found many old treasures in it as previously posted most from the 1800s through the early 1900s. I am afraid I will have to respectfully disagree with you (as far as the age goes). Now as for the stones that is another story. Appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a little research it looks like the broach is a circa 1930s-1940s rhinestone leaf dress clip.

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I should of been more clear of what I meant by "too old", I certainly thought 1940's or 50's, I just meant I didn't think it was 1840's or 50's. My bad. Again, cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread