One last relic hunt before the end of the year

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Today's venture resulted in sight seeing, gathering information and visiting a friend from the past.

Unfortuneately the actions of a previous detectorist years ago blocked us from securing permission on a new site today. Maybe next time....

Yesterday I was able to hunt with Tioga and KingsMtnMan at my union campsite. And yesterday was no let down. I managed to save 4 3 ringers, several pieces of camp lead, a brass round something, a rivit with leather in it, a modern bullet and a link from a chain. The item in the upper right corner is a cool piece of quartz I found recoving a piece of camp lead.

Best of all I was able to help Tioga find out his headphones were defective, and as a result, he landed a really nice find. Hopefully he will post his finds on here soon and share his story.

Thanks for going guys, it was a great day!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0
Nice relics and happy New Year!

sweet lead!!!! H.N.Y. MR TUFF

Love the look of those 3 ringers, very nice! :icon_thumright:

Nice lead! What was it that the previous detectorist did to restrict permission?

romeo-1 said:
Nice lead! What was it that the previous detectorist did to restrict permission?

Per the land owner, he granted a detectorist 1 time permission years ago. Appearantly he found some stuff because he came back and pestered the land owner a dozen times trying to get back onto the property, but the owner told him it was a 1 time offer and the answer was no. He suspects the same person has been back on the property against the land owner's wishes.

He said after that, he decided no one will ever be allowed to dig on his property again. It's just a eye opening reminder we represent the entire hobby when we are out detecting. Whether it's securing permission, taking the trash, making un-noticable recoveries (for some just closing the holes!) we are all judged by the actions of those who partake in our hobby.

Nice bits of CW history Joe. I know exactly where you live at. Isn't Concord NC the birthplace of Nascar Racing?? I am a owner operator Truck driver and pass through there once in a while

crazyjarhead said:
Nice bits of CW history Joe. I know exactly where you live at. Isn't Concord NC the birthplace of Nascar Racing?? I am a owner operator Truck driver and pass through there once in a while

Yep, Concord is home to Charoltte Motor Speedway, oh and Concord Mills Mall for you shoppers out there, lol. Not too much CW history here in the Concord area, but a lot in a short driving distance.

Bad thing about this area is Charlotte has paved over it's history 5 times over since the Civil War and for some reason the State would rather the history be left in the ground and paved over rather than recovered by a metal detector :dontknow: They have no budget for recovery themselves but yet they still refuse to work WITH detectorists to save our history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back