What's new

One more backmark ID please

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ahve been finding very small flat buttons at one site I hunt. I recently found one that has an"L S & S Extra" backmark. It is a civilian flower button. Any help on the maker would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • L S S front.webp
    L S S front.webp
    116.2 KB · Views: 288
  • L S S 1.webp
    L S S 1.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 294
  • size front.webp
    size front.webp
    169.2 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0
That is very interesting. I wonder what they did while they were in Georgia? Talbotton is about 80 miles north of me and Columbus is about 80 miles west.
 
Upvote 0
It is Leavenworth, Spencer and Sperry your button dates to 1836. They made buttons in Waterbury their mark "L. S. & S. / EXTRA" rmdc.
Nice Find :icon_thumleft: Jim :hello:
 
Upvote 0
SgtJim said:
It is Leavenworth, Spencer and Sperry your button dates to 1836. They made buttons in Waterbury their mark "L. S. & S. / EXTRA" rmdc.
Nice Find :icon_thumleft: Jim :hello:
Thanks for the info. Would you tell me where you got your information from?
 
Upvote 0
Sure thing. Tice (Uniform Buttons of the United States 1997) page 60, 2nd from the bottom.
If you need a copy of the page email me.

Jim :hello:
 
Upvote 0
SgtJim said:
Sure thing. Tice (Uniform Buttons of the United States 1997) page 60, 2nd from the bottom.
If you need a copy of the page email me.

Jim :hello:
Thank you sir. I just bought myself a copy of Tice's book for my birthday.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom