What's new

✅ SOLVED One More Oldie Needs ID

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One last thing needs ID for a display of old yard finds.....This was also found in an old yard (late 1800s). Looks like part of it is missing (broken across the bottom). Ideas welcome and thanks in advance.
Nat
 

Attachments

  • 47384450_259542128072566_7343214781219733504_n.webp
    47384450_259542128072566_7343214781219733504_n.webp
    47 KB · Views: 101
  • 47510969_216326412591241_5852368939140513792_n.webp
    47510969_216326412591241_5852368939140513792_n.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 92
Heel plate for a shoe??????
 
Upvote 0
I would have to guess. An iron trivet.
 
Upvote 0
Nat, It really helps to know the size, material, etc.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Toy stoves way back when were actually cast iron, and the little trivet would belong to a set like that. Also salesman samples.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's a trivet. Notice the holes on one side are chamfered/tapered so that a screw head sets flush inside of the hole. I'm guessing this was attached to something. Sure wish it was all there. It would probably make an ID easy.
 
Upvote 0
Google "vintage fancy pot belly stoves" it looks like some of the adornments from them.
 
Upvote 0
I believe that's exactly what it is, thank you!
 
Upvote 0
Ice Box Hinge, perhaps ?

IceBoxHinge.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom