What's new

One of a few great paleo tools I found yesterday.

ROCKateer

Full Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
283
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505271746.409364.webp
 
Nice finds, maybe you could jog over the artifact site, combine two activities into one!
 
Wow some really nice finds , keep posting .... I could look at pics of artifacts all day
 
Nice finds but I cant call this Paleo nor do I see over shot flaking. What I do see are some thinning flakes, you have a good spot keep looking.:icon_thumleft:
 
Nice finds but I cant call this Paleo nor do I see over shot flaking. What I do see are some thinning flakes, you have a good spot keep looking.:icon_thumleft:

i thought the first tool pieces were made on large overshot flakes.
 
Lets see some of those jogging pics to. Finding some nice ones but as the points go they do look Woodland to Archaic but I do want to say not all collectors pick the tools up some just keep the points so there could of been some old points out there at 1 time and they just left the tools. If its a creek then you just never know what period they are from. My area the Woodland flake tools just arent that big but every area is different. If I was to find a flake tool that big here I would think very old.
 
Looks like a large knife....interesting stuff?
 
Thats a really cool piece.

Jogging? you can't find stuff while jogging. Crawling is better exercise, actually. ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom