What's new

One of a few great paleo tools I found yesterday.

ROCKateer

Full Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
283
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
Attachments never seem to open for me.
 
For some reason they load for me. I don't get it. I'll try again. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505196520.722870.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505196535.676238.webp
 
Seems to be a large worked flake... It'd be hard to call that paleo or woodland without knowing what type of site it came from. Still a nice big old flake tool though!
 
Looks like what we call side scrapers by the one flat side. A hand held scraper type but by the size of it I would guess Archaic to Paleo. Woodland to Mississippian were usually smaller in my area. I like flake tools
 
It's a nice one, but like many have said, most time periods used those tools or very similar, it would have to be found in association with Paleo relics to be sure.
 
Ok. I shouldn't have called it paleo. Maybe a little excitement
 
But I believe a few others are, I'll post pictures later.
 
Those are some nice looking tools made on some nice big overshot flakes.
 
Found some more today. Only looked for very short time because I had a girlfriend that wanted to jog... so I jogged lol. Though this broken point would have been 6 inches if I were to guess. It's flat on back side! Heartbreaker, fun though. Ill post pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom