One of Gardeaus mysterys solved! Located the "lost" mineral spring.

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
One of Gardeau's mysterys solved! Located the "lost" mineral spring.

Actually this is not "today's" find, but I got the confirmation today from a water chemistry lab of a sample I took in Gardeau this past July. The report reads: "We measured the electrical conductivity of the water sample from Gardeau, which is an indication of the total salts in solution, and it was very high....approx. 1000 uS, whereas normal drinking water is usually 50 or less. We'll have it analyzed for salts, so we'll know for sure in a week or so. But I would say that all indications are that you have the right stuff!" The right stuff, here, is a sample of the mineral spring water that Col. Noah Parker, of Gardeau, used in his Spa. back in the 1800's. The spring is what produced the "salt lick" near which "Blackbeard's" silver bars were buried. The spring is no longer visible on the surface. It now comes from a well which serves two camps in Gardeau. The residents of those two camps do not drink the water (which flows into their kitchen spigots), they go out to the nearby spring to bring in water. I tasted the water from their taps, it tasts like "metal?" Anyway, the legend says "they buried the silver near a salt lick." Could be, in all likelyhood, that this is THE location of that old salt lick. The lab promised to send me a more complete readout of the water sample in a couple of weeks. :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: One of Gardeau's mysterys solved! Located the "lost" mineral spring.

Best of luck to you. Sounds like you are close!

DANGLANGLEY

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:read2:.....that's real interesting. I wonder :icon_scratch: just maybe could there be........... :laughing7:

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's very interesting! Are there any salt licks visible? Good luck in your search!

OP
OP
Potter Poker

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

The "visible salt lick" on the surface is what most of the treasure hunters have been looking for for years now, it's what I started out looking for. But, no, there is no visible salts on the surface anywhere in that area that I have looked, and I have been looking for about 5 years now. That was the key to finding where the original caretakers of the load of silver were standing when they decided to bury the silver. The test results of the water I sent for analysis proves that that water, when flowing out onto the surface of the ground, would produce layers of visible "salts", and be easy enough for animals to find. That water source is now "capped off", and supplys water for two camps, however, the residents of both those camps do not drink it because it "tasts like metal", or "tasts heavy and sticky". So we now know where the "treasure haulers" were standing when they looked around and decided to point out a spot to bury the silver. This is the best analysis I can come up with at this point. What do you guys think? ???

OP
OP
Potter Poker

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Thank you Lumber Camp, appreciate the info. You mention "as far down as 4 miles..." , 4 miles from what, Gardeau or the pipe near Sizerville?
Anyway, glad for your input. The more info we get the more we will understand all the ramifications of this legend...PP

nippatrick

Jan 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how much you have looked into Col. Noah Parker,but I think he spent most of the silver. He bought 53 acres of land for his father in law in 1854. Then a hotel in 1865. It burned down in 1880s. Then he built a big hotel with bath pools and a bottling plant. His "bottled water" wasn't a very good sell but doctors far and wide recommended his healing bath.he died in 1895 and the hotel burned down in 1889. So,there may be some left but I wouldn't count on a whole lot. I'm having trouble finding the deeds for land to see if he bought any other pieces. That could be a lead too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions