What's new

One of my finds

gilmerman

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
684
Reaction score
434
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central South East
This little LeCroy (according to Overstreet) was uncovered in a shallow ditch we dug,to bring spring water, by gravity flow, into our house. It was in a low small hollow not suitable for a living site, so it was most likely accidently lost or discarded, while dressing game. I have walked that well traveled trail on many trips to my favorite spot for deer and squirrel hunting. I did not realize I was traveling a footpath at least once traveled somewhere between 9,000-5,000 years ago. The majority of the artifacts I find at our farm are from this white milky quartz. I mount my finds and have a card to show where and when I found it, maybe I'm OCD. I forgot to size it. About size of a US quarter.
. 3102b.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice find iv always liked LeCroys what state you from ? Virginia or Carolinas ?
 
I found one just like yours about 3 years ago....nice findtapatalk_jpeg_1554672509642.webp
 
Looks thick to be a LeCroy -- LeCroys were typically made on thinnish flakes; sometimes potato chip flakes.

Your second one is several thousand years older.

FWIW
 
Of possible help, St. Albans, Lecroy and Kanawha side by side:

014.webp
 
Very nice find. I'd sure keep an eye out on that ditch.

Here's one that my son found years ago when he was 10 years old.

lecroy.webp
 
Nice point save. Congrats
 
CoosaKid and Sandchip very excellent examples of LeCroy's and Quartzite Keith very fine repo's for us to use.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom