worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried to google it for ID,no luck,it landed on the tractor hood and was stinging its prey..

DSCN4766.JPG

The Big E is going on(not for much longer)and the State Police were making a few circles showing off their chopper..

K1600_DSCN4773.JPG

Some raptor had a good meal..

K1600_DSCN4775.JPG

There were a bunch of them up there until I stopped,I guess this guy was keeping an eye on me..Double click to see what I mean,a blind crow or more likely late afternoon sun glare.

K1600_DSCN4782.JPG

K1600_DSCN4780.JPG

Nice to see the female still around(not very often these days though).

RSCN4785.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good shots. Yeah we don't need any little green worms in our apples. My cat's in the hunting mode now. He keeps and eye on the concrete step out back where it sits up against the foundation. He saw something and this is the time of year when the mice wanna move in with us.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The raptor had a good meal shot.....

Yep, that's what my ducks looked like.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a similar looking black and white wasp around here. They build those paper hives that hang below the eave of the house and also in the trees. I have watched them try and catch flies early in the morning on east side of the house. The flies gather there to warm up.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good shots. Yeah we don't need any little green worms in our apples. My cat's in the hunting mode now. He keeps and eye on the concrete step out back where it sits up against the foundation. He saw something and this is the time of year when the mice wanna move in with us.

Did he ever bring you a catch?

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a Potters wasp. It makes a mud pot like structure attached to an object then puts its egg and an insect larvae inside for its baby to eat later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions