What's new

One Piece Button

Cajunme

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never got an ID on this button. any help would be appreciated. it appears to be a lady standing with a sword in her right hand and point to ground, a staff of something in her left hand. I can't make out any of the letters or words. It is a one piece coat size.
 

Attachments

  • new pics 002 (800x763).webp
    new pics 002 (800x763).webp
    112 KB · Views: 218
What does the back look like? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I would take a look at state seals. The Virginia seal is similar, but has a prone figure beneath the feet of the goddess Virtus. Something that identifiable should be easy to solve. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
I agree-definitely start with the State seals. I see a scepter on the right and what looks like a scroll or column/pillar on the left.
Any backmark?

Palmetto
 
Upvote 0
DirtDigler said:
I would take a look at state seals. The Virginia seal is similar, but has a prone figure beneath the feet of the goddess Virtus. Something that identifiable should be easy to solve. Good luck!

DDigler good eye! Virginia had more than one type of State Seal button. I'd still like to see a pic of the back. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VirginiaPreWar1PieceStateSealButton.webp
    VirginiaPreWar1PieceStateSealButton.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 164
  • VirginiaPreWar1PieceStateSealButton2.webp
    VirginiaPreWar1PieceStateSealButton2.webp
    17 KB · Views: 195
  • VirginiaButtons.webp
    VirginiaButtons.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
back of button

here are pics of the back. If it is a virginia button one piece what would the date be? the area i found it was the plantation of the first governor of Louisiana which was early 1800's. Maybe he had a guest from virginia. thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0028 (800x768) (800x768).webp
    DSCN0028 (800x768) (800x768).webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0029 (800x796).webp
    DSCN0029 (800x796).webp
    39 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0030 (797x800).webp
    DSCN0030 (797x800).webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom