sneaky6
Full Member
Hey Tneters,
I found a one piece, flat Eagle button this weekend and need some help figuring out its origin. I am not posting the picture of the actual button, because it is a low relief button without much gilt. It just does not show up well with my camera. Instead, I am posting an example I found online that shows up much better. The website where I found the pic says it is either an Early US Official's or Officer's Button. The backmark on my button is pretty corroded thus illegible. In size, my button is slightly smaller than an US Quarter. Maybe someone can tell me a little more.
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
Keep Digging!!
Sneaky6
I found a one piece, flat Eagle button this weekend and need some help figuring out its origin. I am not posting the picture of the actual button, because it is a low relief button without much gilt. It just does not show up well with my camera. Instead, I am posting an example I found online that shows up much better. The website where I found the pic says it is either an Early US Official's or Officer's Button. The backmark on my button is pretty corroded thus illegible. In size, my button is slightly smaller than an US Quarter. Maybe someone can tell me a little more.
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
Keep Digging!!
Sneaky6








