What's new

One Place You Wish You Can Hunt...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,661
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure everybody has a spot or two where they would like to swing and dig at, but can't due them being state/federal parks or landmarks.

Mine are:

Stony Point Battlefield led by "Mad" Anthony Wayne
battle-stony-point.webp
Revolutionary War - Battle of Stony Point

Jockey Hollow Encampment (Antithesis of Valley Forge)
BitterWinteratJockeyHollow.webp
Ft Nonsense.webp

"When the Army arrived at Jockey Hollow, there was already a foot of snow on the ground. Doctor James Thacher, whose journal is one of the best sources of first person descriptions of events during the war, wrote: "The weather for several days has been remarkably cold and stormy. On the 3rd instance, we experienced one of the most tremendous snowstorms ever remembered; no man could endure its violence many minutes without danger to his life. ... When the storm subsided, the snow was from four to six feet deep, obscuring the very traces of the roads by covering fences that lined them. " In March he wrote: "...an immense body of snow on the ground * there had been four snowfalls in February and March brought six more. " Another entry in his journal read: "For the last ten days we have received but two pounds of meat a man, and we are frequently for six or eight days entirely without bread. The consequences is that the soldiers are so enfeebled from hunger and cold, as to be almost unable to perform their military duty or labor in constructing their huts. "

Revolutionary War - Winter in New Jersey
 
I talked to a park ranger once and he told me that if were to be fired then his last day would have to be metal detecting the park. I am not going to say which one :tongue3:
 
I talked to a park ranger once and he told me that if were to be fired then his last day would have to be metal detecting the park. I am not going to say which one :tongue3:

Uh.. does the park start with a "C"?
 
The White House and if the surrounding roads were ripped out:dontknow: Fort Knox. :goldbar:
 
Last edited:
The swimming holes where the Rockefeller and Rothschilds kids and all their richie rich suck up friends swim.
 
The Biltmore Estate. and old horse racing tracks/facilities.
 
Last edited:
Never been there but would like to hunt in and around the us mint in denver.
 
The IRS building. Tons of $ lost there.
 
The Playboy Mansion, who cares what I find!
 
Too many to choose from. Gettysburg, Antietam, Fort McHenry (local), Mt. Vernon, Hampton National Historical site (local), Todd's Farm (local, Battle of North Point, War of 1812. Burned by the British)
 
I'd have to research, but probably around one of the historical goldsmithing guild shops in Europe, Asia, or Africa.

2nd choice would be archaeological sites that may have not been well-dug/scanned-by-machines. Maybe Macchu Pichu, Angkor Wat, that pre-Columbian Viking site...
 
If I had to pick one I guess it would be Gettysburg. I've never hunted a civil war site.

I have hunted quite a few 'protected' American Revolution sites with the proper permission. I could not keep anything I found but I would do that everyday if I could. I absolutely love the history.

NJ
 
If I had to pick one I guess it would be Gettysburg. I've never hunted a civil war site.

I have hunted quite a few 'protected' American Revolution sites with the proper permission. I could not keep anything I found but I would do that everyday if I could. I absolutely love the history.

NJ

How did you get the permission? I am in it for the history as well.
 
Somewhere I could find a gold nugget, preferably a large one! Lol!
 
The middle east.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom