What's new

One twisted seated lady!

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,606
Reaction score
13,867
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was lucky to get out detecting for a few hours today. My first site yielded a fist full of shotgun shells, and one older metal button ( non fancy). Switched over to a newer site that has produced 4 slivers and a number of wheats from the 1940's-1950's. I was surprised when a seated dime popped out. Wow- Has she seen some better days... twisted does not begin to describe her shape...stomped on, mangled. and cracked ( yes you can see like through one portion), but the date is undeniable- 1888. After finding the dime, I then found seven wheats , spanning the 30's-50's. Then the rain started in earnest. I'll post an update if anything else significant comes out of this site. HH. 1888 Seated dime 5 1 16 022.webp1888 Seated dime 5 1 16 023.webp1888 Seated dime 5 1 16 024.webp
 
Upvote 40
Yup, she is a dog of a dime.... But also a great find...congrats!
 
Your dime was in fine condition before it got mangled.I can read the liberty plainly on it.
 
Congrats on digging the seated. I can take you right to the spot I dug mine back in 2014. It's the only one that I've dug. Sounds like you have a good site.
 
Don't worry, you can only display one side anyway! And the good side is still in great condition. Nice work
 
I'd take a find like that any day
 
She took a beating but she is still a pretty lady
 
Any way you look at it she's a nice seated lady!!! Great find!!!
 
I'll take a seated in any shape any day, sweet find!!
 
Heck yeah! Nice save...she's just wise with age is all.
 
Great dime! She has character like no other! I'd be soo happy to have found her myself. Congratulations!
 
Beat up. But great coin with a strong date congrats on your sld.
 
Love token?
Great finds!
 
Looks like she's had a tough life. Good thing you came to her rescue! Thanks for sharing.
 
Congrats on rescuing that dime.
Seated coins are very hard to come by in any condition,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom