What's new

Seated Liberty * Indian Cents * Sterling Ring

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,278
Reaction score
23,275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been real busy around work but we've had some real nice weather here lately - just to nice not to be out swinging !
These finds are from several different hunts at two different 1800's Houses and at a old Church site.

Seated Liberty Dime - 1888

( 5 ) - Indian Cents - 1887 - 1897 - 1902 - 1902 - 1907
( The 1887 was my all time 300th Indian Cent and the 1907 is the 40th Indian Cent I found this year ).

( 10 ) - Wheat Cents - From 1919 to 1953
Ring - Sterling Silver - stamped .925 - has 18 small Stones.
Pin Back - Gold Plated - Engraved with the letter "E".
Button - Floral pattern - Back marked "Rich Colour".
(34) - Modern Clad Coins - (not in photo's).

Side Note - Whenever I find a old Coin I usually think about what events were happening in the world that year.
When I found the 1888 Seated Dime I remembered that my Grandmother was born in New York City during the "Great Blizzard Of 1888".
Approximately 400 people died as a result of this massive storm - (the 3rd. Photo was taken in New York City after the Blizzard).

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 9-20-25 - A.webp
    MAH - 9-20-25 - A.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 219
  • MAH - 9-20-25 - B.webp
    MAH - 9-20-25 - B.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 148
  • MAH - 9-20-25 - C - 1888 - Blizzard In New York City - A.jpg.webp
    MAH - 9-20-25 - C - 1888 - Blizzard In New York City - A.jpg.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Upvote 33
Outstanding! Looks like that's a great area to hunt. Love the Seated, still looking to find my first.
 
Outstanding! Looks like that's a great area to hunt. Love the Seated, still looking to find my first.
Seated Dimes are pretty rare finds in our area too.
But I've been lucky enough to find two this season - last month I found a 1873 (with Arrows) in VF condition.
Good Luck finding your first one !
 
Congratulations on your success!!!!!
Your recoveries are fantastic
Great post and thank you for sharing with us
Thanks billb - Had a season of great finds so far.
We "should" still have 6 to 8 weeks of good weather in our part of the country.
I hunt year round but after Thanksgiving the weather usually starts getting pretty bad.
 
Great finds E-trac! Loved the finds and the grandma story! Congratulations on those recoveries!
 
Great stuff E-Trac-Ohio! Your seated dime looks to be in great condition. P.S.- Forty IHP's in one season is quite an accomplishment. Your hard work is really paying off this year!
 
Great stuff E-Trac-Ohio! Your seated dime looks to be in great condition. P.S.- Forty IHP's in one season is quite an accomplishment. Your hard work is really paying off this year!
Thanks Silvermonkey -
For some strange reason I like finding Indian Cents even more then I did 5 or 10 years ago. :dontknow:
I've never found 40 Indian's in one season before - and this season is still far from over.
After looking at my records it seems I usually average about 15 to 20 a year.
 
Congrats on the great group of finds and the seated dime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom