One whopper of a token

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Hi folks!

Got out for about an hour yesterday to some open woods. Not much to show for it but a shotgun shell down about 9" and this silver-dollar sized WinCo Foods token, which was right on the surface just underneath some leaves and a bit of dirt. From the tone it gave on my Safari I actually thought I was gonna be pulling up a Barber half or silver dollar!! One can only wish, right? :tongue3:

I also wanted to show off my Christmas present...a Garret Pro Pointer. I really like this thing. There are times when I am just unable to pinpoint an object with the Safari and this tends to cut down on recovery time. A key function for me is that it vibrates when close to the object, so I don't have to take off my ear phones to hear the audible sound.

HH,

Ray

Attachments

• token1.JPG
    token1.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • token2.JPG
    token2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,292
  • garret.JPG
    garret.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,286
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess! WTG Ray.........Hogge :headbang:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice token. I found 5 last year. Hoping to find some this year too.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very kool Ray 2 questions is that company still in business and can you date the coin. Just wondering, thanks for posting very kool!! :headbang: :notworthy:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokens are always exciting to find! And you'll never want to be without that pointer ever again! :D A REAL time saver! :icon_thumright:

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

garthbfan, yes we have a WinCo in our town. I couldn't find any info on the token and I don't know if they would still accept one. But I intent to keep it because it's the biggest token I've ever found. Plus it's cool looking. :headbang:

Ray

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray in CA said:
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

garthbfan, yes we have a WinCo in our town. I couldn't find any info on the token and I don't know if they would still accept one. But I intent to keep it because it's the biggest token I've ever found. Plus it's cool looking. :headbang:

Ray

Great Token. You should go to the store and toss it out at check out and watch the reaction of the clerk,lol I would keep it as well. Nice finds
TnMtns

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool you got no. 5555. :icon_thumright:

S

seger98

That's the largest token I've ever seen, both in size & the amount! Cool find! :thumbsup:

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
That token is modern and still accepted at Winco. If you cash a payroll check there, they charge you an extra 5 bucks, an then give you this token. That way they know your at least spending some money, and not just cashing your check and running.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Congrats, that is one monster token!!
I bought a ProPointer last season and know it's one of the best accessories I own. No more waving over the plugs or clods of dirt with my coil. It's also saved me from gouging quite a few coins that pinpointed weird because they were on edge.
HH

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
When did you move back down to California? Not even treasures up here in Washington? Nice find!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that is a nice looking token. are you going to use it or add it to your collection ?

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Detectingfreak said:
When did you move back down to California? Not even treasures up here in Washington? Nice find!

Hi Matt! We moved back to Cali at the end of November. I still think there's plenty of stuff to be found in Washington, but I just couldn't take all the rain! LOL This last summer, however, was absolutely gorgeous in SW Washington, but from what I understand it is not always that way.

Sniffer, I plan on keeping the token. Though not the best or most valuable token that I've found, it is the largest in my collection. So it's a keeper for me.

Ray

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
congrats Ray, it's a very nice token and probably the biggest I've ever seen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread