Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Onion Garlic Rolls​

To make these without the bread machine the recipe is the same except you knead the dough til it is elastic, put it in a greased bowl and let it rise in a warm oven covered for approximately an hour. After that point everything is exactly the same.

Dough
1/4 cup butter
3/4 minced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 cup water
1 egg
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

topping
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
reserved onion mixture

Melt butter and add onion and garlic, saute about 10 mins until just barely starts to brown. Allow to cool slightly and set aside about 1/4 cup of the mixture for topping. Put the remaining onion mixture and dough ingredients into bread pan, select dough setting and start your bread machine.

When dough cycle is done, remove your dough and turn it out onto a floured surface. Roll and stretch the dough into a rope about a foot long. With a knife cut the dough into 10-12 pieces.

Grease a large cookie sheet. Roll each piece of dough into a ball then flatten it slightly on your cookie sheet.

In a small bowl mix together one egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt then brush this mixture over each of the rolls. Take your reserved onion mixture and put approx one teaspoon of mixture on each roll and spread it out. Let your rolls rise again in a warm oven for 30-45 mins until doubled. (I turn the oven on for a couple of mins while I am topping the rolls then turn it off)

When rolls have risen again, remove them from the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake 20 mins until rolls are golden and onion mixture is browned but not burnt.

These rolls taste good plain right out of the oven but make great rolls for making sandwiches on. David grills chicken breasts to put on them most of the time.

Attachments

• 15may2007 012.jpg
    15may2007 012.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 544
  • 15may2007 012.jpg
    15may2007 012.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 299
OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am sure you gals will love them. So far I have not found anyone that doesn't :D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The way these are made they remind me of Zorba rolls which I love.....

ZORBA BREAD BUNS (Quick Version)

2 loaves frozen bread, thawed
2 eggs
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded cheese
3 tsps. garlic powder
3/4 cup sundried tomatoes
Put bread and ingredients in bowl. Mix with hands. Let rise. Cover. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Dig out pieces of dough with 2 forks. Place on cookie sheet. Mix ¼ cup shredded cheddar, 1 egg and ¼ cup milk. Mix over low heat. Stir constantly till thick. Spoon over bread dough. Let rise. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol we surely all need to live closer together! Whatever happened to the Gypsytown we were going to create? lol

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cynangyl said:
lol we surely all need to live closer together! Whatever happened to the Gypsytown we were going to create? lol

I am ready....We could open a bakery or cafe......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions