Online "BULLION DEALERS" experiences & suggestions please!

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, with the recent drop in precious metals prices, I'm looking to buy some silver bullion (100 ounce bars). Yes, I've been doing my homework. I checked out most all of the "Precious Metals Dealers", some VG and some not so reputable, some accredited by the BBB with excellent ratings, and some not. I've read all the reviews, actually made some phone calls to customer service, just to check them out. I've got a few on the top of my list, but I need to hear from actual buyers, SO.....................

1. Has anybody on here ACTUALLY bought silver and/or gold from the online dealers? Please give me your feedback and experiences. Trying to narrow it down to the top three. Who are a few of the best ones? Thanks, Rich

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident metals and silvertowne have always treated me fairly. If you need more info, scroll down. This same question gets asked about once a month. Don't forget to check premiums. Just because "paper silver" dropped, doesn't mean "physical silver" has.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JM Bullion is the online dealer I buy from almost exclusively. If not buying from there, it is from a forum, or my local LCS.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident Metals, APMEX, JM Bullion, and Silvertowne are all reputable dealers.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident Metals and Silvertowne. Provident has the fastest turn around times of anyone I have dealt with and
is reasonably priced.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have placed about a dozen orders with providentmetals.com over the past 2 years for 600 oz of silver (give or take) and have never had a single issue or delay. Lowest premiums I can find as well.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have also dealt with Provident. Not the fastest turnaround in a dozen transactions, other than that no complaints.

OP
OP
Rich in Central PA

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Provident Metals and JM bullion are at the top of my short list. Considering SD Bullion too, they seem to have competitive prices and rank high as well..................Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread