What's new

Only $32 in halves...

rodzm

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Germany
Well as many of you know I am stationed in Germany and the bank on post is my only source of CRH. Well I made my trip today to see if I was lucky enough to score a roll. Turns out they had a $15 and a $17 roll. So I bought both of them and it turns out I got...

9- 40%ers
1- 1976 S (proof bicentennial)

Unfortunately they cannot order coins since we are overseas but I got information on who has been turning in tehse rolls and it seems to be an older German lady. This is the 4th roll I get that is exactly the same., soooo Im hoping my only source wont run out of halves to turn in.

From the same bank Ive managed to score a total of:

20- 90%ers (1964) BU by the way
15- 40%ers
1- 1976 S Bicentennial Proof
 
Upvote 0
Nice scores! You have more silver there than I have here!
 
mistergee said:
Turns out they had a $15 and a $17 roll.
:icon_scratch:
Germany is weird

Well they were customer rolled...looks like they used printer paper. Anyways I hope this lady keeps dumping her halves ;D
 
Hey their you on the other side of the pond. Probably a stupid question but can you CRH their coins(Germany) or did they do away with them all with the Euro's???

Also have you tried to contact any german coin dealers and trade US with german.

Keep up the Silver Hunt
Jason
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hey their you on the other side of the pond. Probably a stupid question but can you CRH their coins(Germany) or did they do away with them all with the Euro's???

Also have you tried to contact any german coin dealers and trade US with german.

Keep up the Silver Hunt
Jason

Germany did away with all their coins once the Euro came along. I havent tried to contact any loacl shops but I am in the process of locating some in the area. I have a few ideas in mind to make a bit of profit such as trading my 90's and 40's for some other bullion but Im hoping that I can reach some sort of aggreement with a local shop in which I could provide them with American Eagles for a small profit above what I pay for them. Of course my thought was to buy a roll of 20 ASE for about $310 and sell it to them for about 280-300 Euros per roll which equals about $360. Of course that is if they agree to the price which would net me a profit of about $50/ roll

I got a good advantage here because I can easily get ASE's while German shops may not be able to get many due to the high costs of sending them from overseas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom