Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The only Bank in the South Metro Boston area selling bags just let me know their manager says no more selling bags it is too difficult to keep track of the numbers so now I'm down to just getting boxes no more chance of a silver dump, at least I got to search three bags before they shut me down. I am still talking to one credit union is my last hope, and I have a feeling they're going to say no also. What are two boxes of halves and two boxes of Dimes and before they make the order on Tuesday I'm going to order 2 boxes of quarters give me something to do over the Christmas weekend

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep looking. I just had a bank shut down my bag buying after one purchase as well. It's unfortunate, but there's opportunity everywhere.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fret not. You can get a nice collection dump in a box just as easy as in a bag. As you may have gleaned from my long winded post about bags they make it easier for in house snipers because all the halves are in one accessible spot and they don't need to ask fellow tellers if they have any halves. In an ideal world where tellers can't get into the bags (but we could buy them) then that would make for amazing bags but that's not how they do it around here. We all still try to get bags but for me they are a false hope.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
A fellow CRHer said he had gotten the half bags at that same bank some time back but gave it up as he never found a single silver even 40% in them, sounds like they got sniped.

I got dimes as they are harder to snipe, too many of them, am asking a a local credit union about bags but in the meantime I have 2 boxes of halves and 4 of dimes coming on Thursday, gives me something to do over Christmas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions