NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Just returned from Ooltewah Tennessee, and man that is the worst mineralization I have ever found, anywhere! I tuned my XS many different ways to no avail, even tried ferrous tone and constant was blasting all the time. Everytime I got within 3 inches of the ground, my machine would null out and couldn't even get a peep out of it, let alone the penny I dropped on the ground to see if I could hear that..nothing, nada, zilch! So if anything civil war happened in this particular area, forget it. Ooltewah is 21 miles south of Chattanooga, right off I-75 at exit 11. Whilst I did not have the opportunity to check out other areas in this fine state, I will be returning in the near future. My Bro in law is moving to this town and I like y'all's weather. I will be hauling more to his new home before the year is up.........NGE

I hope you can find some better dirt to fish in. The soil here in Wartburg is deep and brown to black. It's so dry right now it's a real work out just to get a 6" hole. Hopefully you can find some old houses to look around. The soil around them should be a lot better. Best of luck to you.

DANGLANGLEY

I think you had something going on with your detector. I live just outside Ooltewah and have hunted it many times with ordinary results. I use both a Whites and Tesoro and my hunting buddy uses a Troy. None of us have had any ill effects from Ooltewah.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back