✅ SOLVED Open ∆ Door

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I started digging a ditch for a waterline today and turned up this thin brass plate. Any ideas on how old it is?
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.55.56 PM.jpg

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started digging a ditch for a waterline today and turned up this thin brass plate. Any ideas on how old it is? View attachment 2010248
I think Obama was talking about an Open-Door policy. Maybe he dropped it.

Lots of writing on it. Maybe if you wet it and took a picture it would bring out the letters. If you already did that forgive my late suggestions.

Upvote 2
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it! “I will go before you and will level the mountains ; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.“ Isaiah 45:2-3. Yours is a little differen. There are a lot of different versions of the quote. Cases of loss In translatio most likely.
I think it would have been a sign outside of an open door church. That’s my theory.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a bible verse creskol. Definitely a verse. A couple very close. Need to be able to read a few more words. Since a bible verse, that leaves Obama out.
I failed to mention it, but this is measures 3 inches long by 2 inches wide.
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 5.37.59 PM.jpg

Upvote 1

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isiah 45:2-3
New Revised Standard Version - a hint that the age is no older that 1989. The word "mountains" I could not find in older versions; but there are several dozen versions. (I like Young's Literal Translation in most cases).
2 I will go before you
and level the mountains,
I will break in pieces the doors of bronze
and cut through the bars of iron,
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
and riches hidden in secret places,
so that you may know that it is I, the Lord,
the God of Israel, who call you by your name.
Here's a website you can switch versions and see (if you care to dig deeper).

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions