Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cable companies and HBO, et al, offer free viewing for a small amount of time to attract new subscribers.

Open the political forums to everyone for a few days or a week. I am guessing that things are quite interesting in that forum right now. I'd bet T-Net would get a fair number of new Charter Members so they could continue to participate. :laughing9:

I'm only half joking.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
get behind me satan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pay to play baby! This forum is "YUGE!" and it costs money. I'm here all the time, so I choose to support Tnet. I like the classifieds (I've sold $Thousands of dollars worth of stuff there) even more than the politics! Drop a twenty and join us! :occasion14:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last thing I want to hear about is politicians. Unless its a funeral announcement.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fun to see everyone's views on things but that can get heated pretty quick.....

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand. I haven't "paid to play" yet.

My point was that if you let Non-paying members have a peek behind the curtain for some
of the benefits for a short time it might encourage them to pony up and join.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know whether I support this or not. I do remember back when the original forum was free to access, I don't know how many members were actually banned. It was a few, and times became very heated, probably a lot of friendships lost.

Saying this and remembering, NOPE, no free to views.

However, Jeff Gordon needs to send TNet $20 by the end of the week!

Keep the faith.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know whether I support this or not. I do remember back when the original forum was free to access, I don't know how many members were actually banned. It was a few, and times became very heated, probably a lot of friendships lost.

Keep the faith.

Heck, now how is Jeff gonna pay the $20, he doesn't dig that much in a year. :notworthy: :tongue3:

I agree, pay to play, All the forums on tnet are free, except for two. $20 buck is not that much to spend. Heck you can sell here and you can get into the monthly drawing.

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was just a thought to possibly generate additional revenue. I do understand that it would probably cause additional moderating headaches.

I'm not sure if it can be done but possibly set it up for "view only" for a couple of days to generate interest in charter membership... Just spitballing here.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keep the faith.

used to be a charter member, I would happily pay my $20 if I couldn't see the political forums. I don't really care about politics, I just cannot pass up a good debate

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was just a thought to possibly generate additional revenue. I do understand that it would probably cause additional moderating headaches.

I'm not sure if it can be done but possibly set it up for "view only" for a couple of days to generate interest in charter membership... Just spitballing here.

I have learned so much since I joined and have been a charter member the entire time. I rarely go into the political forum, but I do like to have the option to sell here and get in the monthly drawing. $20 and you can quench your curiosity.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Staying out of that forum is THE PRIMARY reason I haven't become a Charter Member!! Secondary is not knowing how long I'll be keeping internet, or enough internet to keep coming to Tnet. But you better know that if I had access to that forum, I'd most likely be in trouble! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think to open up more Charter Memberships, Treasurenet should accept United States Post Office money orders. My bank treats them like cash, and it makes it much easier for folks that don't have a credit card / Paypal account / Bank account

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
used to be a charter member, I would happily pay my $20 if I couldn't see the political forums. I don't really care about politics, I just cannot pass up a good debate

Hey Jeff, I remember all that. We saw that crap!

Just trying to get you to donate again from your beer fund! We gotta keep you sober :)

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jeff, I remember all that. We saw that crap!

Just trying to get you to donate again from your beer fund! We gotta keep you sober :)

If a 20 dollar annual donation keeps Mr. Gordon sober, then I'd have to say he isn't really trying to get drunk. 😄

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think to open up more Charter Memberships, Treasurenet should accept United States Post Office money orders. My bank treats them like cash, and it makes it much easier for folks that don't have a credit card / Paypal account / Bank account

they do:

The mailing address is:

Forum Foundry, Inc.
Attn: TreasureNet.com
PO Box 3503
Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Be sure to include your username and that it is for charter membership here.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Becoming a Charter Member is a great way to show your support
for the site. Was a CM for 2 years, but at the moment that $20 is
needed elsewhere. Hope to be a CM again some day, simply because
this site provides me so many hours of enjoyment every month.

Politics shouldn't have anything to do with it, BUT, if that's what motivates
ya, then go for it.

After a whole bunch of years of debating politics on the interwebz, I've determined
that the actual potential for anyone to learn anything from online political debate, or
even moreso change their mind (God forbid!), is actually less than <0.

I've since taken up the cause of teaching raccoons to sing. No, they're not singing just yet,
but one can always hope.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they do:

The mailing address is:

Forum Foundry, Inc.
Attn: TreasureNet.com
PO Box 3503
Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Be sure to include your username and that it is for charter membership here.

Sent 'em a $20 m.o. two weeks ago. You didn't think I was gonna give 'em my name and a home address free of charge did you? The return address I used is a local boat launch. If they really want my name and a house number they will need to put a little effort into it. If they feel that need arises, i probaby have it a-comming on. Yet here I am, a charter member giving a penny back to an organization that I have taken so, so much from.

Thanks again T.net for the community you have set up!

BTW, I got plans to build a new type, a new kind of concentrator, no pumps, no motor needed, and few moving parts. I plan to reveal it to "charter members only" forum IF I complete it And if it works. Interested? Better send T.net your $20. :usflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread