What's new

Opening a tackle shop...

Reelsnrods

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2013
Messages
396
Reaction score
313
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to take advantage of a big negative tide and hit the beach this morning. It appears the rest of the metal detecting world was finding Spanish silver. Me... Not so much!

The pictures tell the tale. Plenty of lead and lures. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457824014.448099.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457824039.725055.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457824057.899664.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457824076.251143.webp

I pretty much hate the guy who invented snow fencing, I must've dug 50 rusting bits of the stuff...
 
Upvote 18
Cool spot to hunt.
 
Looks like you have a great start on your new shop's inventory...
 
Still beautiful weather and place for detecting!
 
All that lead will add up. Atleast you got to get out.
 
I would like to open a tackle shop.......
 
It looks like a squished penny- can you tell where it's from?
 
I think you're right on the penny, but not its clear enough to read... A little tumbler action might be in its future[emoji3]. There's a souvenir penny bender on one of the ferries out here, so most likely local.
 
14955t-and-motiv.webp

I used to scrap my sinkers - then I sold a bunch at a tag sale along with a lot of found lures
then I melted over 100Lbs of them to make dive weights - now I just put them in large rubber maids
I have over 200lbs of sinkers still and couple hundred lures
figure if Im still alive when I retire and unable to hunt - I'll sell them down at the ocean
I'll prob have 3 times as much by then ---I hunt a lot of old beach sites that they only fish at now a days
so I get old silver & gold - and new lead
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom