OPERATION GOLDEN RAIN WWII

OK, updates. We're trapped like rats . I think I'll go to Africa and try my luck prospecting in a tributary of the Nile.
Just joking here a little. Cant help but laugh at this country's predicament right now.
We had spent most of the past month on the research end, finished up what was needed for the moment and didnt want to start getting too far ahead of ourselves with more projects than we could handle.

The search coil arrived and its just what we needed. Thank very much to Jones Indiana and CCHunter. You will not be forgotten.
The coil picks up a car wheel at 6 ft loud and clear on an air test so from past discoveries, we know we are looking at 3-4 ft max. So we're good as far as detection depth goes.

Anyway,there's good news and there's bad news. Which do you want first. ??

Last edited:
OK, no takers, so heres the bad news.

Two very good leads that we had worked very hard on are temporarily on hold, and the bad thing about it is they were very close to our location and the traveling expenses were very little on these jobs.
Hopefully , before the summer we will be able to work around some obstacles which we have encountered there.

More specificly, on one job, we are in some wooded foothills, and the loggers are in there cutting firewood. From the looks of it they will be around until at least the middle of May, so cant do much about that.

On another job I went to a few days back, which was a project which was started in the summer of 2012, and was dropped because of too much summer traffic, it turned out that the area we want to search has a goat pen 30 yds away and now we need a creative way so we can have an excuse to be there during strange hours.

In situations like this, beekeeping always seems to work. So Im waiting on a friend of mine who has his beehives down south for the winter to make a move up here to the north where we are in late May-early June and we will give it another spin and see what happens.

The good news is we have three more projects that we havent gotten to yet, and quite a few on the backburner.
We are mobile again, so we are off to the next on the list very soon.

Thanks for bumping the thread and good hunting and good luck too all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back