What's new

Opinion on artwork

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn’t Signed looks more contemporary
Seems pretty good to me any ideas on the style?
It’s on paper
 

Attachments

  • E4CA5E70-4453-4194-8179-6B27083F8F06.webp
    E4CA5E70-4453-4194-8179-6B27083F8F06.webp
    440.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
probably done by Pablo Picasso's distant cousin Pedro Picasso
 
Upvote 0
Had I painted it, I, too, would not have signed it. IMO
Don..

Haha!

I would call it "figurative abstract", with the term "modernist" inserted if you want, but it doesn't seem to be inspired by or copied from any artist of the genre that I recognise.

Let's call it "Aphrodite at the Waterhole": an attempt by the artist to rationalise in terms of three-dimensional non-abstractionism, the sentimentality inherent in the structure of bourgeois emotionalism.
 
Upvote 0
Let's call it "Aphrodite at the Waterhole": an attempt by the artist to rationalize in
terms of three-dimensional non-abstractionism, the sentimentality inherent in the
structure of bourgeois emotionalism.


Yeah...what he said. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Haha!

I would call it "figurative abstract", with the term "modernist" inserted if you want, but it doesn't seem to be inspired by or copied from any artist of the genre that I recognise.

Let's call it "Aphrodite at the Waterhole": an attempt by the artist to rationalise in terms of three-dimensional non-abstractionism, the sentimentality inherent in the structure of bourgeois emotionalism.

And I'd add that with regard to the issue of content, the internal dynamic of the spatial relationships visually and conceptually activates the substructure of critical thinking.
 
Upvote 0
It's Pete Rose. The dotted line represents his path to the Baseball Hall of Fame. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I'd go with Cubism for the style; kind of.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Doubter: Pete Rose definitely played for the Reds.....You can bet on it!
As to the artwork; it is a stark testament to the hazards of crashing a motorcycle without wearing a helmet.
 
Upvote 0
Knights Templar....
shows location of the money pit...
the figure is a celestial map.
X marks the spot!
 
Upvote 0
I know we've had some fun with this, but I actually like it. And you know what they say, "At 2:00 AM, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
 
Upvote 0
Probably painted by the famous elephant that paints with its trunk
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED 108
Replies
3
Views
436
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED For fingerprints?
Replies
11
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom