What's new

Opinions on these...

Jon Phillips

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
555
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
1
Location
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually buy points, although when people find out that I have an interest in them, they often give them to me, but I had to pick these up a while back....I'm no expert, but I have enough legit ones, and have handled enough fake ones from gift shops, that I can usually tell the difference. I even found one of the fakes....on the ground in St. Augustine, but it was an obvious cheapo reapro...and it was right outside a gift shop that sells them.

These look good to me (one...maybe two are a little questionable), but I would like you guys' opinion....They mostly look like coral Florida points, and most appear to have some genuine age to them.

I don't want to go into the details yet...just opinions (as far as is possible without holding them in your hands) on their appearance.

Thanks!

Artifacts 038.webp

Artifacts 039.webp

Artifacts 040.webp

Artifacts 041.webp

Artifacts 042.webp

Artifacts 043.webp

Artifacts 044.webp

Artifacts 045.webp

Artifacts 046.webp

Artifacts 047.webp

Artifacts 048.webp

Artifacts 049.webp

Artifacts 050.webp

Artifacts 051.webp

Artifacts 052.webp

Artifacts 053.webp

Artifacts 054.webp

Artifacts 055.webp

Artifacts 056.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice Jon. Will you keep the pieces or pass them on?


I bought them because I liked them, and they were part of Florida history (most anyway)....so no plans to sell them at this time...but they have no family or personal connection, so anything is possible in the future....

Thanks!
 
Get yourself a good loop some have lights on them but if you use it in natural light its not needed. Look at some you have found personally look for the mineral deposits on yours. Tiny brown spots only seen with a loop or scope. Then compare it to the ones you bought. I always carry my loop before I buy any. If no mineral deposits are present on the pieces I don't buy. I have found some in the creek that show what looks to be fresh scares but they still have mineral deposits on them. Im thinking the fresh scares are from tumble. You cant see the mineral deposits sitting on a comp. By using the loop then you will know and they don't cost much. rock
 
Get yourself a good loop some have lights on them but if you use it in natural light its not needed. Look at some you have found personally look for the mineral deposits on yours. Tiny brown spots only seen with a loop or scope. Then compare it to the ones you bought. I always carry my loop before I buy any. If no mineral deposits are present on the pieces I don't buy. I have found some in the creek that show what looks to be fresh scares but they still have mineral deposits on them. Im thinking the fresh scares are from tumble. You cant see the mineral deposits sitting on a comp. By using the loop then you will know and they don't cost much. rock


Thanks!

We've got a few loops around here somewhere....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom