What's new

Opinions on V Nickel

TheCaribbeanDigger

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
600
Reaction score
753
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I folks I found this V Nickel a couple days ago and wanted to clean it up a bit. I soaked the coin for 4 days in white vinegar and gave it a couple of gentle scrubs with a soft tooth brush. This is before and after. U guys think I should finish cleaning it up? What could I use to clean it up a bit more?
 

Attachments

  • image-4196558476.webp
    image-4196558476.webp
    160.8 KB · Views: 214
  • image-3599278403.webp
    image-3599278403.webp
    114.3 KB · Views: 196
I usually soak my coins in olive oil to get the color back, but just now while looking at the thread talking about cleaning with peroxide, it states that there is a coin preservation fluid or you can use Vaseline. I know for fact that my father uses Vaseline on his coins and it works pretty good to give it the natural color back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom